Original Broadcast: February 20, 2014
Repeats Sunday, February 23 1pm/2 mtn
In February, Health Matters tackles heart health from strokes to heart attacks. And it’s not just men. Heart disease is the number one cause of death for both men and women in the United States, claiming approximately a million lives each year. Our panel will cover everything from the risk factors to prevention. Plus new developments like hands only CPR and the increased use of defibrillators which are saving lives. KSPS gets serious about matters of the heart when our focus is on your heart health.
- Andrew Boulet, MD, FACC Cardiologist, Providence Spokane Heart Institute
- Jeff Markin, MD Family Practice Physician, Columbia Medical Associates
- Keith Kadel, MD Interventional Cardiology, Heart Clinics Northwest
- Ryan Shaefer, RN Electrophysiology Coord., Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center
- American Heart Association Resources on heart disease and stroke prevention
- Red Cross Learn life-saving skills from the experts
- SCAA Sudden Cardiac Arrest Association, a non-profit that advocates SCA awareness and heart screening for athletes.
- Hands-Free CPR videos by Spokane Fire Department
- PulsePoint Mobile App Now your smartphone can help you save a life