What Changing Health Care will Mean to You
Original broadcast date: June 20, 2013
Ready or not, the biggest overhaul of the U.S. healthcare system since the passage of Medicare and Medicaid in 1965 is underway. The official name is the Patient Protection and the Affordable Care Act but it’s often called ObamaCare.
It was signed into law in March of 2010 and is being phased in. Right now, federal and state governments are bracing for the final switch in 2014 and there is lots going on to get ready. What does is it all mean and how will you be affected?
- Michael Marchand, Director of Communication, Washington Health Benefit Exchange
- Stephanie Marquis, Public Affairs, Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner
- Craig Whiting MD, CEO, Rockwood Clinic at Community Health Systems
- Eric Earling, Director, Corporate Communications, Premera Blue Cross
- Jeff B. Collins MD, Chief Medical Officer, Providence Health Care
- Washington State Healthcare Authority Reform Update pdf
- Washington Healthplanfinder - Find out how much your health insurance might cost and if you may be eligible for financial help.
- Washington Health Benefit Exchange
- Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner
- Small Business Administration
- Seniors and the Affordable Care Act