Resources for Educators
- Distance Learning Resources: PBS LearningMedia offers educators a variety of features that support distance learning, including easy searching by grade level, curriculum area, and state and national standards, as well as integration with Google Classroom and Remind.
- PBS LearningMedia Virus Information & Prevention collection: This collection of resources helps PreK-12 educators teach the nature of viruses (including novel coronavirus), how they are transmitted and the healthy habits we can all engage in to prevent their spread.
- How to Talk to Little Learners About Coronavirus
- Distance Learning Tips From One Teacher to Another
- Iowa PBS' The Federal Bureau of Ick
- KET's Healthy Habits | Everyday Learning
PBS LearningMedia features two new printables folders and a new resource collection to support instruction during school closings. These resources that can be printed and shared directly with students.
PBS Digital Content and Resources:
PBS NewsHour Novel Coronavirus Web Portal
This website contains breaking news coverage on the novel coronavirus. Additional PBS NewsHour resources include:
PBS NewsHour Student Reporting Labs (SRL)
SRL has created a new e-learning student journalism unit, “Making Sense of the Coronavirus Through Storytelling and Media Making,” that empowers students to take positive action by producing vital news stories from their community. SRL will host a webinar for educators on how to use the unit to lead student journalism projects on Tuesday, March 17 at 7:00 p.m. ET. Educators can register here.
PBS NewsHour Extra will continue to provide up-to-date lesson plans from the PBS NewsHour Coronavirus coverage, featuring student-produced stories and media literacy.
PBS NewsHour Education Coverage will continue to report on how the pandemic is affecting education, from child care to K-12 and Higher Education.
Educators can sign up for the NewsHour Education Newsletter for weekly updates.