KSPS Education Tours and Field TripsKSPS Public Television is pleased to offer free station tours and educational workshops to regional school groups and families. In our fifty year history, thousands of children, caregivers, and teachers have visited our station, gaining a deeper understanding of public television.
- Stepping into Studio CK to learn about the Chroma key wall.
- Seeing sets in place, depending on the day’s production.
- Observing how a teleprompter works in Studio B.
- Getting a glimpse of some behind the scenes magic--learning how a character generator works, the process of switching cameras, and each person’s role during a live production.
- Viewing theMaster Control room, watching what an operator monitors, and learning about logs and traffic.
Our station tours are a great opportunity for students to see a TV station in action and learn how a station broadcasts its programs on-air.
During our student-centered career workshops, students:
- Identify job opportunities within TV production.
- Interview KSPS staff members about their jobs, work and college experiences.
Tours are available year round, mornings and afternoons. To schedule or inquire about a tour, contact our Education Director, Bukola Breczinski.